Workshops & Programs for Youth and Adolescents
LEVEL 1 TRAINING
Child & Adolescent
In-depth training and development to: lead implementation and delivery; gain full access to training plans and resources; and cascade further training to colleagues.Contact Our Team
Book November Training
We will be offering our Resilience Doughnut – Youth training both online and face to face in NOVEMBER 2018. Click the links below to find out more or to register.
Have you already completed Level 1 Training?become a group facilitator
Our accredited Level 1 Training will equip you with the skills and resources to fully implement The Resilience Doughnut in your school, agency or college.
Our Level 1 Training is composed of two compulsory stages as follows:
- Stage 1: 14 hours online or 2 days face-to-face training.
- Stage 2: 6 hours online or 1 day face-to-face training.
Completing this course will contribute a total of 20 hours NESA endorsed training.
The stage 1 face to face or Online Training contributes 14 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 1.1.2; 3.4.2; 4.1.2; 5.4.2; 6.2.2, 6.3.2, 6.4.2, 7.3.2, 7.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW and with 14 CPD Hours APS College.
Our new Application Day training provides additional resourcing and 6 hours (face to face or Online) training for planning, application and implementation of the model in your organisation
Who is training for?
- Leadership teams
- College tutors
- Teaching assistants
- Pastoral / welfare staff
- School chaplains
- Community liaison officers
- Support staff.
Benefits of Training:
- Lead the Resilience Doughnut implementation and fully embed the model into existing good practice within your school or college.
- Lead the delivery of the Resilience Doughnut with children, young people and parents within your school or college.
- Confidently cascade further training to colleagues, providing them with knowledge, understanding, skills, resources and support as required.
Stage 1 covers:
- Comprehensive teaching about the components of the Resilience Doughnut, and the research on which the model is based.
- Introduction to strengths-based work with young people.
- Strategies for enhancing a more optimistic thinking style in young people, and nurturing their abilities for moral thinking and perspective taking.
- Step by step explanation of how to teach the Resilience Doughnut to various target groups (including parents, primary school students and high school students).
- Step by step explanation of how to teach the Resilience Doughnut to new colleagues and cascade further training to colleagues.
Opportunities for attendees to interact with Resilience Doughnut resources and to practice using and teaching the model.
Stage 2 covers:
- Developing a wellbeing plan for your school/workplace.
- Planning your Resilience Doughnut Strategy.
- Data informed strategy evaluation and the continuous improvement process in wellbeing and resilience.
- Application using case studies: how to apply as an intervention in your context
What else do you get?
Level 1 Trainer Pack containing: A large floor model and carry bag, The Resilience Doughnut Book – The Secret of Strong Kids, a set of workbooks, seminar cards, and cut-out cards
Online access to free downloadable resources.
Resilience Report – Group Manager Basic Account.
Resilience Report – Setup Training
- Access to the Professional Learning Network (PLN) for Level 1 Resilience Doughnut Trainers. The PLN contains:
- resources for using the Resilience Doughnut,
- further professional development,
- and interaction with other Level 1 trainers such as sharing stories of success and gaining collaborative advice.
UPCOMING ACCREDITED TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Resilience Doughnut APPLICATION DAY$300.00 AUD +GST
Accredited Training – Child and Adolescent – ONLINE – Summer School 2019$1,275.00 AUD +GST
Accredited Training – Child and Adolescent – face to face – March 2019$1,275.00 AUD +GST
Accredited Training – Child and Adolescent – ONLINE – November 2018$1,275.00 AUD +GST
Host an Accredited Training course!
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in hosting an Accredited Training course in your regional area or organisation – minimum number of 12 participants is required.