LEARNING THE ART OF RESILIENT CONVERSATIONS
Would you like to
- Be guided by the fundamental assumptions of the solution focused approach
- Have techniques that direct the conversation towards the preferred future
- Practice conversations skills in various contexts that build optimism and hope
- Know how to set realistic and achievable goals in simple conversations
- Develop conversation skills that change your approach during times of conflict or difficulties
The solution focused approach, is a well-known and evidence based approach to helping people move towards a more positive and optimistic thinking pattern. It is a skills and technique based approach that is foundational to any effective communication that draws people towards their preferred future.
This course provides a foundational training for those wanting to understand and master the approach in their own settings. It is suitable for therapists, community workers, HR staff, wellbeing teachers and youth workers. It is extremely useful for use with family, couple and individual therapy as well as use with coaching and mentoring in the corporate sector.
At the end of the course you will be able to immediately use the techniques and have the opportunity to practice and feedback your experiences.
Courses at the resilience centre are experiential, with the aim of equipping participants with the skills and techniques needed to achieve the best outcomes. Incorporated in the course are techniques to draw on the resources and strengths in the system. Building on systems and resilience theories and using a developmental approach to solution finding makes for a profound and effective communication tool.
At the end of this course your SF conversations in the ordinary and everyday can give people glimpses of their own miracles, and the skills to get there.
The Solution Focused Foundation Training will contribute to 21 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 1.1.2; 1.2.2; 3.1.2; 3.3.2; 3.4.2; 3.5.2; 4.1.2; 4.3.2; 4.4.2; 6.2.2; 6.3.2; 7.1.2; 7.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
DATES & TIMES
Monday 24th June and Tuesday 25th June, 2019.
9am – 4pm
NOTE: There is an online component to this training.
- Equivalent of half a day online of pre-course reading and preparation to be completed prior to the 1st of April.
- Post-course follow up discussions and webinar
The Resilience Centre
401/51 Rawson Street
Epping NSW 2121
- Earlybird: $499 (includes GST). Earlybird ends on 31st May 2019
- Standard: $520 (includes GST)
email@example.com for more information
Australian Vice President of the Australasian Association for Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (AASFBT)
Director of The Resilience Centre
Creator of The Resilience Doughnut
The course includes
- A thorough understanding of the assumptions and values that guide the principals of SF approach.
- Techniques and skills in formulating the characteristic questions of SF approach
- SFT skills in building a picture of the preferred future
- Helping clients to identify their navigation and negotiation styles of communication
- Techniques to gather a positive history at the start of the relationship
- Skills in shifting conversations from risk to strengths and solutions (with clients and other professionals)
- Skills in drawing on the strengths of the systems
- Ways to build a picture of the preferred future from ordinary everyday successes.
- How to identify progress towards the agreed outcomes
- How to promote change between conversations
- How to work with more than one person in the room
The preferred mode of registration is to use our shopping cart above. You can pay using our secure online credit card facility. You can also choose to pay later by cheque or EFT, in which case an invoice will immediately be emailed to you with further details about how to pay.
Simply enter your organisation’s name if you would like your organisation to be invoiced.
Please also be aware of our Terms and Conditions in regard to cancellations. For any enquiries or for more information, contact Megan on 0413 890 985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please register as early as possible as most courses are booked out well before the due date. A course may be postponed 3 weeks prior if insufficient registrations have been received. However, registrations will be permitted until the day before the course, space permitting.
- Participants will receive a confirmation email or phone call in the week before the course. If you do not hear from us, please contact us to ensure we have received your registration.
- Cancellations – please let us know ASAP if you are unable to attend a course. If you cancel up to 2 weeks prior to a course, fees will be refunded; after this, a 20% cancellation fee will be charged. The balance can be refunded or held over for a later course. It is also possible to transfer your place in the course to another person – but you must contact us, and provide us with their name and contact details.
- Non attendance without notifying us or cancellation within 24 hours incurs the full fee.