EQUIPPING PARENTS WITH RESILIENT SKILLS AND PRACTICES.
Learn how to deliver the Raising Resilient Parents program
Lead the implementation of this program in your organisation.
Become familiar and confident with resilience theory and application.
- Confidently support further training to colleagues, providing them with knowledge, understanding, skills, resources and support as required.
DATES & TIMES:
2019 dates to be advised.
This is a three day course to be delivered face to face or online
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
COST: The cost is $1,275 AUD (+ GST)
What do I get?
On completion you will gain a greater depth of understanding in the Resilience Doughnut model and will be equipped with the skills and resources to implement the Resilience Doughnut in your work with parents.
Professional Development Hours
Teacher Accreditation in NSW. Training is CPD hours with APS College
20 hours CPD for Mental Health Providers
- Stage 1: contributes 14 hours
- Stage 2: contribute 6 hours
Level 1 Trainer Pack containing:
A large floor model and carry bag, The Resilience Doughnut Book – The Secret of Strong Kids, a set of workbooks, seminar cards, and cut-out cards
Online access to free downloadable resources.
Resilience Report – Group Manager Basic Account.
Resilience Report – Setup Training
- Access to the Professional Learning Network (PLN) for Level 1 Resilience Doughnut Trainers. The PLN contains:
- resources for using the Resilience Doughnut,
- further professional development,
- and interaction with other Level 1 trainers such as sharing stories of success and gaining collaborative advice.
What does training involve?
- Stage 1: 2 days of face to face training
- Seminar style learning
- Group discussions
- Reflection exercises
- Stage 2: Application Day
Stage 1 covers:
Comprehensive teaching about the components of The Resilience Doughnut, and the research on which the model is based.
Introduction to strengths-based work.
Strategies for enhancing a more optimistic thinking style, empathy and perspective taking.
Step by step explanation of how to teach the Resilience Doughnut to parents
Step by step explanation of how to teach the Resilience Doughnut to new colleagues and cascade further training to colleagues.
Opportunities for attendees to interact with Resilience Doughnut resources and to practice using and teaching the model.
Stage 2 covers:
The practical implementation of the Raising Resilience Parents course.
- Vital topics for working with parents, such as:
- vision for the future
- Embedding strength and solution focused language and culture in your organisation.
To attend this Raising Resilient Parents – Facilitator Training course, the preferred mode of registration is to use our shopping cart above. You can pay using our secure online credit card facility. You can also choose to pay later by cheque or EFT, in which case an invoice will immediately be emailed to you with further details about how to pay.
Simply enter your organisation’s name if you would like your organisation to be invoiced.
Please also be aware of our Terms and Conditions in regard to cancellations. For any enquiries or for more information, contact Megan on +61413 890 985 or email email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions:
- Please register as early as possible as most courses are booked out well before the due date. A course may be postponed 3 weeks prior if insufficient registrations have been received. However, registrations will be permitted until the day before the course, space permitting.
- Participants will receive a confirmation email or phone call in the week before the course. If you do not hear from us, please contact us to ensure we have received your registration.
- Please note that by registering and paying for this training you are giving consent to be added to the Professional Learning Network (PLN). If you have any concerns or queries about this please contact one of our team.
- Participants will be requested to sign a Training Services Agreement at the conclusion of the training. This agreement acknowledges that participants will respect the intellectual property right of Lyn Worsley and the Resilience Doughnut.
- Cancellations – please let us know ASAP if you are unable to attend a course. If you cancel up to 2 weeks prior to a course, fees will be refunded; after this, a 20% cancellation fee will be charged. The balance can be refunded or held over for a later course. It is also possible to transfer your place in the course to another person – but you must contact us, and provide us with their name and contact details.
- Non attendance without notifying us or cancellation within 24 hours incurs the full fee.